Hi there, I'm Sunita Johal and I absolutely love making others laugh, for real, or even if the laugh happens to be fake at first!
Here's the thing, I wanted to be a comedienne, I know it was a kind of plan, with my 'sunny' disposition and my Geminian 'rising' sign, I thought that it would all work out. However, that wasn't the case, my husband said that I would end up laughing at my own jokes which would mean people would either be laughing with me or at me, haha!
When I came across Laughter Yoga which was actually started by Dr. Madan Kataria, a physician from Mumbai, India, I couldn't help but get involved. Laughter is contagious, it's medicinal, it helped our 'late' dad through his health issues which included having strokes and heart attacks. He would laugh whilst getting better and this to him was a natural thing to do as he had a very jovial and positive personality and outlook on life.
Did you know that Laughter Yoga has more than 6,000 clubs in approximately 60 countries? Well, those involved are most certainly benefitting and here's how...
* Facial feedback triggers brain to release the chemicals/hormones that cause the feeling of happiness
* Reduces anxiety, depression, anger, and sadness
* Increases emotional health
* Reduces stress
* Increases an optimistic outlook
* Mood booster
* It's contagious, others will laugh too which aids their emotional health
* Great cardio workout without hurting yourself
* Laugh your heart into health
* Even if you have normal blood pressure lowering it will reduce the risk of strokes and heart attacks.
* Normalises blood vessels and increases blood flow
* Activate T-cells that immediately begin to help you fight off sickness - cold prevention
* Lowers blood sugar levels
* Releases endorphins, which can help ease chronic pain and make you feel good all over
* Strengthens core muscles.
Why take life so seriously? Remember that many studies have demonstrated the diverse benefits that laughter can have on you, physically, psychologically, emotionally, and socially. The best part is that you can fake it and still get the same benefits.
Get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org or call Sunita on 07786088126 or you can simply complete the form below and I look forward to welcoming you to the laughter zone!
Laughter Yoga Facilitator