Hello. I'm Sunita Johal of Crimson Catz. I'm a health and beauty therapist and professional make-up artist with 16+ years experience under my belt. I am pleased to announce my basic and professional advanced level make-up courses are now open for enrollment!
This is open to anyone looking for a new addition to their career skill set and to also achieve the best through advanced techniques using a 'high end' cosmetic range and the 'safe beauty' methods.
The basic make-up course is for one day only. This will lead to the F.H.T accredited professional advanced level make-up course; yes this is a recognised qualification.
The professional advanced make-up course will consist of four intensive days training and will look at other aspects of the industry, including business. Please see the table below for course content.
Upon successful completion you will gain a certificate of achievement for the basic make-up course and a diploma for the professional advanced level make-up course. Both courses are based in Luton, Bedfordshire, UK. The maximum number of learners to a class is 6, to ensure everyone gets the attention they need.
We also cater for anyone looking to only learn one or two areas, for example fashion (1 day) or bridal (1 day). We call these 'add-ons'. Please contact us to discuss your specific needs.
The cost of the basic make-up course is £165 and the accredited advanced level make-up course is £550, when booked together, you will receive a discount of £50. Payment: A non-refundable deposit (50%) of the course fee will confirm your place on the course that you wish to attend. The final balance needs to be paid a week prior to the course start date.
We do not advertise set training dates, but tailor our dates around your needs and availability. We will confirm suitable dates when we discuss your requirements. Please contact us for more information or to book your place.
Thank you. Sunita, Crimson Catz xxx
The basic make-up course covers the following:
- Skin types
- Cleanse tone and moisturise
- Foundation matching, testing/application
- Face shapes
- Suited colours
- Day/evening looks and trends
- Application of make-up via ‘Safe beauty’ procedures
The advanced make-up course covers the following:
- Client care
- Health and safety on the premises and via contraindications
- Simple & quick preparation of the skin
- History of make-up and colour - theory
- Colour blending/mixing
- Corrective make-up
- Shading, highlighting and blending
- Foundation matching and application
- Design plans/general planning/mood boards
- Additional media
- False lash application
- Use of gold leaf, gems, glitter etc.
- Tips, tricks and techniques throughout the class
- Stippling, precision of eye and lip make-up
- Stencilling/body make-up
- Relevant people
- Fashion show
- Photographic – colour, black and white
- Looks include period, fantasy, high fashion, catwalk, bridal & commercial
- Men’s make-up
The courses also include:
- A fantastic course book, which is yours to keep.
- All the materials to work with.
- A final exam on the final day.